Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today in class

HMWK due Tuesday: Read p. 70-75; work problems: p.72#1,2, p. 75#1-3,5-7.
Today classes had time to finish yesterday's test, and I re-taught the density of water and the idea that mL are the same volume as cm^3. (that was apparently taught poorly by me - most people struggles with or missed it - that question will be curved off the exam)

Exams will be handed back Monday, with answer keys and discussion of how to have avoided mistakes, best answers, etc.
**** Most students have a 100% A in this class right now. This is because I have scored homework assignments based on effort put in; the only points missed were for late work, answers not attempted that should have been, or work which was way off course from expected after activities in class. Test and lab grades are big in this class; they're where I ask students to perform, to prove beyond any doubt that they understand material and concepts from class. The majority of your grade, therefore, comes from these regions, and some of you may be in for a tough wake-up call.
If you need extra help to keep up, I am here daily after school. For more than a few questions, I also have many sophomores who excelled in my class last year and need A+ program tutoring hours. See me to arrange a study schedule and I will supervise tutoring (for any of your classes, really) in my room or another teacher's class.

Tomorrow we'll work with motion maps some more, preparing for our next lab on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment